For unsubsidized loans disbursed between July 1, 2021 and June 30, 2022, interest rates are as follows:
- 3.73% for undergraduate students
- 5.28% for graduate and professional students
Interest begins accruing after the first disbursement.
- Available to undergraduate and graduate students
- Must be enrolled at least half-time
- 6 credits for undergraduates
- 4.5 credits for graduates
- Financial need is not required
- Must apply through the FAFSA
Unsubsidized Loan Amounts
Amounts are based on your year in school and dependency status (determined by the FAFSA). Amounts listed are annual maximum amounts-you may be awarded less. When the loan is posted to your account, the government keeps a small portion (about 1%) for loan processing.
View MyAid Dashboard for your specific loan eligibility.