Federal unsubsidized loans are available to anyone. Unsubsidized means interest accrues while you are in school.
For unsubsidized loans disbursed between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019, interest rates are as follows:
- 5.05% for undergraduate students
- 6.60% for graduate and professional students
Interest begins accruing after the first disbursement.
- Available to undergraduate and graduate students
- Must be enrolled at least half-time
- 6 credits for undergraduates
- 4.5 credits for graduates
- Financial need is not required
Unsubsidized Loan Amounts
View Maximum Loan Amounts
Amounts are based on your year in school and dependency status (determined by the FAFSA). Amounts listed are annual maximum amounts-you may be awarded less.
View MyAid Dashboard for your specific loan eligibility.