Accrediting agencies ensure that academic practices meet acceptable levels of quality. BYU only accepts high school or college work completed through an accredited institution.
BYU does not accept work that is not accredited by one of the following agencies, including unaccredited homeschool work and international work. If you have completed non-US-accredited work, it must be evaluated as a part of the application: See evaluating international work.
The following are accepted accrediting agencies:
- Middle States Association of Colleges & Schools (MSA)
- New England Association of Schools & Colleges (NEASC)
- North Central Association of Colleges & Schools (NCA)
- Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC)
- Southern Association of Colleges & Schools (SACS)
- Western Association of Schools & Colleges (WASC)
In addition to the agencies listed above, a completed International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma is also recognized as appropriately accredited.