BYU does not accept work that is not accredited by one of the following agencies, including unaccredited homeschool work and international work. If you have completed non-US-accredited work, it must be evaluated as a part of the application: See evaluating international work.
The following are accepted high school accrediting agencies:
- Accrediting Commission for Schools (ACS WASC)
- Middle States Association Commission on Elementary and Secondary Schools (MSACESS)
- New England Association of Schools & Colleges (NEASC)
The following are accepted higher education accrediting agencies:
- Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC)
- Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
- New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE)
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
- WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
In addition to the agencies listed above, a completed International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma is also recognized as appropriately accredited.