You may defer fall/winter scholarships to serve an LDS mission. Spring/summer scholarships are non-deferrable.
The balance of your scholarship will be available beginning the semester you return to BYU. If your scholarship is awarded as a percentage of tuition, its value will be increased in proportion to the cost of tuition.
Note: Following your mission, you must enroll at Brigham Young University within a given time period as noted on the Mission Deferment form.
By completing the scholarship application or the missionary deferment form, you authorize the university to disclose the following information to scholarship donors (including the family or estate representative of deceased donors) and/or university agents for scholarship consideration, awarding purposes, communicating award decisions, and donor relation functions:
- Information in the scholarship application, including your name, academic major, and hometown
- The name of any award you have received and the amount of the award
- Academic indicators
- Demographic and other personal data, including the information accessible through Personal Information in MyBYU
- Financial data from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), if provided
- Other information required for specific scholarship considerations