Skip to Main Content

To maintain safety and well-being we encourage remote contact by phone or YMessage.
When in-person help is necessary, follow all BYU COVID policies when visiting our offices.

Evaluating International Work

Have you completed any academic work outside the United States? It will need to be evaluated by a transcript evaluation service.

All secondary education and college work (not US accredited) done outside of the United States must be evaluated by an international credential evaluation agency at the applicant’s expense. The CES schools’ preferred agency is International Education Research Foundation (IERF). If applying for the evaluation online, be sure to select BYU-Undergraduate as the recipient, as IERF works with a number of BYU departments. This will ensure that your report reaches the correct office.  Also, when selecting report type, you must select “detail report.” View this video for more instructions. 

We will also accept a report from World Education Services (WES), the required type of evaluation report for high school (secondary education) documents is “DxD” Basic, and the required type of evaluation report for college or university documents is “CxC” Basic. BYU does not require the ICAP option. 

DO NOT send your transcripts directly to us unless they are an accredited US institution. We will discard any international transcripts that are not properly evaluated.