- Live the standards of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Attend and graduate from seminary. After high school, attend institute of religion classes if not attending a Church school.
- Participate in meaningful service opportunities.
- Enroll in quality coursework in high school and college. Recommended high school courses:
- 4 years of mathematics
- 4 years of English
- 2-3 years of laboratory science
- 2 years of history or government
- 2 or more years of foreign language
- We recommend AP/IB courses if available
- Take the ACT/SAT at least twice – we will use your highest composite score.*
- Get involved in extracurricular activities; develop your specific talents.
- Plan to provide specific examples of how you have contributed in meaningful ways as you write your application essays.
*Due to the limited availability of ACT and SAT exam options during the COVID-19 global pandemic, most applicants are not required to submit a standardized test score to be considered for admission to BYU for spring 2021 through winter 2024. Applicants may choose to submit a test score if they feel it would strengthen their application. If a test score is required or the applicant chooses to include a test score, the score must be included at the time of submission.