An official confirmation of non-filing can be obtained through the IRS.
If you, your spouse, or parents indicated on the electronic verification form that taxes were not filed, you will be asked to provide a non-filing letter from the IRS. Use the following 4506-T form to request the letter.
Get 4506-T Form
- Fill out lines 1-4, if applicable.
- List your BYU ID number on line 5b.
- Check box 7 (for Verification of Non-filing).
- On line 9 enter 12/31/__ for the tax year you are requesting.
- Example: enter 12/13/2016 if requesting letter for the 2016 tax year
- Sign the document.
- Mail to the appropriate address on page 2 (Chart for all other transcripts).
- Once you receive the letter (usually in 2 weeks), send to Enrollment Services through YMessage or in person at D-155 ASB.