A diploma shows that you have completed your coursework at BYU. You receive it after your final grades are posted, and any holds are cleared.
Order or Check the Status of Your Diploma
About Your Diploma
- We send your diploma to your mailing address 3 to 8 weeks after graduation.
- You choose and confirm the name that you want on your diploma when you apply for graduation.
- You won’t get your diploma if you have a financial hold.
- For double-majors, your secondary major will not appear, but your transcript shows both. A diploma for your secondary major is not available.
- You will get your diploma cover at convocation. Contact the Registrar’s Office for your diploma cover if you don’t choose to participate in convocation.
Order a Diploma Replacement or eDiploma Online
The following services are available online through our official diploma vendor, the Michael Sutter Company.
- Order a replacement diploma
- Bachelor’s, Master’s and certificate replacements cost $10.00.
- Doctoral and JD replacements cost $15.00.
- You can choose Standard Deliver or Express Overnight Delivery at an additional cost.
- Order an Official eDiploma
- The BYU eDiploma is free.
- Your BYU eDiploma is a Signed and Certified PDF of your orignal paper diploma used for easy diploma verification purposes.
- You will receive your eDiploma within minutes of ordering. You can then share your eDiploma as often as you need.
- Diploma Status
- Search the status of your diploma order, whether it is your new diploma or a replacement.
What’s on Your Diploma
Information on your diploma:
- University name and place
- Student name
- Degree – BA, BS, BM, BFA, MBA, MS, MA, PhD, JD, etc.
- Major (For double-majors, the secondary major will not appear if you graduated after August 2008).
- Date the degree was awarded
- Signature of the President of the Board of Trustees and the President of the University
- University seal
- University honors/Latin Distinction
Bachelor’s and Master’s diplomas: 8 1/2 x 11 in.
Doctorate diplomas: 11 x 14 in.