A diploma shows that you have completed your coursework at BYU. You receive it after your final grades are posted, and any holds are cleared.
About Your Diploma
- We send your diploma to your mailing address 3 to 8 weeks after graduation.
- You choose and confirm the name that you want on your diploma when you apply for graduation.
- You won’t get your diploma if you have a financial hold.
- You will get your diploma cover at convocation. Contact the Registrar’s Office for your diploma cover if you don’t choose to participate in convocation.
Order a Diploma Replacement or eDiploma Online
The following services are available online through our official diploma vendor, the Michael Sutter Company.
Order a replacement diploma
- Bachelor’s, Master’s and certificate replacements cost $10.00.
- Doctoral and JD replacements cost $15.00.
- You can choose Standard Deliver or Express Overnight Delivery at an additional cost.
Order an Official eDiploma
- The BYU eDiploma is free.
- Your BYU eDiploma is a Signed and Certified PDF of your original paper diploma used for easy diploma verification purposes.
- You will receive your eDiploma within minutes of ordering. You can then share your eDiploma as often as you need.
- Search the status of your diploma order, whether it is your new diploma or a replacement.
What’s on Your Diploma
Information on your diploma:
- University name and place
- Student name
- Degree – BA, BS, BM, BFA, MBA, MS, MA, PhD, JD, etc.
- Major (Only for December 2008 and after graduates. Only the primary major is listed for dual majors.)
- Date the degree was awarded
- Signature of the President of the Board of Trustees and the President of the University
- University seal
- University honors/Latin Distinction
Bachelor’s and Master’s diplomas: 8 1/2 x 11 in.
Doctorate diplomas: 11 x 14 in.