Incomplete contracts let you finish course work for a non-academic emergency after the discontinuance deadline.
How Can I Receive an Incomplete Contract?
To be eligible for an incomplete contract, you must meet the following qualifications:
- You have a non-academic situation that prevents you from finishing the class on time.
- You must have been passing and attending class through the discontinuance deadline.
- You must be able to finish the coursework with your instructor.
- You cannot re-register or “sit in” the class to finish the coursework (unless special circumstances require attendance in a portion of a class or lab).
- Get permission from your instructor to do an Incomplete Contract.
- Click the button above to access the Incomplete Contract website.
- Request a new contract between the discontinuance deadline and 30 days after the grade submission deadline for the semester/term.
- Accept the terms and deadline designated by the instructor (if instructor approves your request).
- Complete the contract terms by the deadline determined by your instructor (not to exceed one year). If you don’t complete your contract by the deadline, you receive a failing grade (IE).
- Make sure your instructor submits your grade online once you have completed your work.
To accept or deny an incomplete Contract:
- Once you receive notification that a student has requested an Incomplete Contract, login to system and review request.
- When reviewing the request, you will be asked to confirm that the student is eligible for a contract. If you have questions regarding a student's eligibility for an incomplete contract, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Approve or deny request.
- If you approve the request, set the terms of the contract. These include:
- Class requirements
- Deadline to complete work
- Note: The student has the option to renegotiate the terms once.
- When work is complete, enter student’s grade in Incomplete Contract system.
To extend a contract deadline:
- Login to system.
- Select the appropriate contract.
- Click the “Extend Deadline” button
- Choose a new date not to exceed one year from the grade submission deadlines.