Skip to main content


We can provide proof of your enrollment and other information from your account.

Student Requests

If you are a current or former student, click above to submit a verification request online. You can request a letter or upload a form to be filled out. (If you are not the student, please see Third Party Requests Below.)

The information that may be requested includes, but is not limited to, the following:

  • Past, current, and/or future enrollment (with or without credit hours)
  • BYU credit hours earned
  • BYU cumulative GPA
  • Academic Standing
  • Degree Earned
  • Financial Aid and Scholarships received
  • Tuition Paid
  • Tuition Billing Statement
  • Health Plan Charges and Payments
  • Housing Charges and Payments

NOTE: You can add additional requests/instructions to the 'Other Inquiries' box at the bottom of the page.

Third Party Requests (Request from the Public)

Third parties may submit a request to the BYU Registrar’s Office by mail or fax.

A student release is required and will be reviewed to make sure it meets the FERPA guidelines. If you have your own release form, please include it with the request.

If you do not have a release, please use our request form and provide it to the student to sign with a handwritten signature. No student information will be released without written student consent.

Requests should include the following information:

  • Student’s full name
  • Student’s month and day of birth
  • Name and contact information of requestor
  • Specific statement of what information can be released
  • Mailing address, email, or fax # where verification should be sent
  • Signature of requestor

Send the request and signed consent form to:
BYU Registrar’s Office
B150 ASB
Provo, UT 84602
Fax: (801) 422-0613

You can also utilize the National Student Clearinghouse for verification. Simply visit their website at

Click on 'Verify Now.' Follow the prompts to set up your account or log in to get started. Charges may apply.

Loan Deferment

Your lender can tell you what your status needs to be to defer paying your student loan.

We send enrollment information to National Student Clearinghouse (NCH), who then gives this information to their member lenders. Some of these lenders are Utah Lenders/Banks, Sallie Mae, Zion’s Bank, UHEAA, and FedLoan Servicing.

Your lender should ask NCH for your enrollment information. Make sure we know your anticipated graduation date and that your lender knows that you are a student at BYU.

Verification of Enrollment Key

Undergraduate & Graduate Enrollment

Undergraduate Enrollment



*Independent Study courses do not count toward enrollment status.

Graduate Enrollment