Skip to main content

Grade Changes for Past Semesters

Instructors can make grade changes for past semesters online.

After grade processing is complete, you can change grades online in the grade roll by following these steps:

  1. Click on the Change Grades button above.
  2. Select the semester by clicking on Year Term in the upper left corner.
  3. Select Roll for the class needed.
  4. Select students by checking the box in the left column, or click Select All.
  5. Click Change Grades.
  6. All the students selected will appear on the next screen along with the grade change policy.
  7. For each student, select the new grade and the reason for the change using the drop-down menus.
  8. Click Submit. An email will be sent to both the person making the grade change and the primary instructor for the class.

You can make a grade change for the following reasons:

  • Calculation error in computing the grade
  • Posting the wrong grade to the grade roll
  • Changing a T grade
  • Posting a grade if no grade roll was submitted (NS)
  • Re-evaluation of completed work with no additional work submitted

If your reason is not listed, or you have other grade-related questions, call us at 801-422-6567.

Grade Change FAQs

  • Can Make Grade Changes

    • Primary Instructors
    • Team Instructors
    • Supervisors
    • Department Chairs
    • Associate Dean over Grades
    • Deans

    Cannot Make Grade Changes

    • Grade Contacts
    • Grade Monitors
    • Grading Assistants
    • Teaching Assistants
  • The semester may not be historical yet, or you may not have access to change grades for that class.

  • You can change a grade any time after a semester becomes historical. Please change grades promptly, especially those submitted as NS grades.

  • Yes. You can change multiple semesters for 699R and 799R classes. Go into one semester of that class and select “Changing a T grade” as the reason.  You will be asked if you want to change the grade for that semester only or all of the T grades for that class.

  • You will get an email any time a grade change is made in your grade roll. Entering into an Incomplete contract with a student will also generate an email, since an I grade is placed in the grade roll.

Helpful Links

Grade Submission

Contact Us