After grade processing is complete, you can change grades online in the grade roll by following these steps:
- Click on the button above.
- Select the semester by clicking on Year Term in the upper left corner.
- Select Roll for the class needed.
- Select students by checking the box in the left column, or click Select All.
- Click Change Grades.
- All the students selected will appear on the next screen along with the grade change policy.
- For each student, select the new grade and the reason for the change using the drop-down menus.
- Click Submit. An email will be sent to both the person making the grade change and the primary instructor for the class.
You can make a grade change for the following reasons:
- Calculation error in computing the grade
- Posting the wrong grade to the grade roll
- Changing a T grade
- Posting a grade if no grade roll was submitted (NS)
- Re-evaluation of completed work with no additional work submitted
If your reason is not listed, or you have other grade-related questions, call us at 801-422-6567.
Grade Change FAQs
Toggle ItemWho can change grades for a class once it has become historical?
Can Make Grade Changes
- Primary Instructors
- Team Instructors
- Department Chairs
- Associate Dean over Grades
Cannot Make Grade Changes
- Grade Contacts
- Grade Monitors
- Grading Assistants
- Teaching Assistants
Toggle ItemI am in my grade roll but there is not grade change column. Why?
The semester may not be historical yet, or you may not have access to change grades for that class.
Toggle ItemHow long do I have to change grades?
You can change a grade any time after a semester becomes historical. Please change grades promptly, especially those submitted as NS grades.
Toggle ItemCan I change T grades for multiple semesters?
Yes. You can change multiple semesters for 699R and 799R classes. Go into one semester of that class and select “Changing a T grade” as the reason. You will be asked if you want to change the grade for that semester only or all of the T grades for that class.
Toggle ItemHow will I know if an unauthorized grade change has been made?
You will get an email any time a grade change is made in your grade roll. Entering into an Incomplete contract with a student will also generate an email since an I grade is placed in the grade roll.