Skip to main content

Grade Submission

Grade rolls are available through MyBYU/AIM the last day of class instruction (for first term classes, grade rolls are available the last day of first term class instruction).

Grades are due at 12:00 noon on these dates:

Winter 2024Tuesday, April 30, 2024
Spring 2024Thursday, June 27, 2024
Summer 2024Wednesday, August 21, 2024
Fall 2024Friday, December 27, 2024

We are happy to help you with any grade-related questions.  Call us at 801-422-2631. We encourage you to get grades in early and to double-check the status of your grade submission prior to the deadline.

Grade Submission for the Current Semester

You can access your AIM grade rolls for the current semester beginning the last day of class until the grade submission deadline for the semester by following these steps:

  1. Click the “Submit Grades” button above.
  2. Your classes for the current semester will be listed.
    • To find a past semester, click Year Term and select a different semester.
    • If you do not see a class you need access to, contact your department to find out why you are not listed as the instructor.
  3. Click "Roll" (in the Links column) for the grade roll you need.

You can see the grade roll status on the Grade Roll Selection page or in the grade roll itself.

  • Available - Grades are not in, and students will receive NS grades at the deadline.
  • Saved - Grades are not in, and students will receive NS grades at the deadline.
  • Submitted - Grades are in, and students will see their grades after the deadline.
  • Posted - Grades are in, and students can see their grades now.

If needed, you can add Grading or Teaching Assistants to enter grades for you.

Failing or T Grades and Financial Aid

When you enter a failing grade or a T grade, you will be asked to enter the last date of participation for that student. Since a student has to attend the classes for which he/she receives Federal Student Aid, we need you to verify the student’s participation. The date of last participation in the class will determine how much federal student aid, if any, will need to be returned to the government.

When deciding the date, consider the following student participation:

  • Being physically present in a class where you can talk with your instructor and other students
  • Turning in a class assignment
  • Taking an exam
  • Viewing a tutorial or computer-assisted instruction
  • Attending a study group for class
  • Taking part in an online class discussion
  • Asking a faculty member about class material or content

Incomplete Contracts

  • Students may request an Incomplete grade (I) if they had a non-academic emergency (serious illness, personal injury, death in the immediate family, etc.) occur after the full withdrawal deadline. An Incomplete contract allows the student up to one year to complete unfinished coursework.
  • When you submit final grades, an ‘I’ grade entered into the grade roll will change to a failing (E) grade until the Incomplete contract is received in the Registrar’s Office.
  • To turn in a student's final grade, enter it directly on the Incomplete Contract online. You can access the online contract from the AIM grade roll as well.

Learn more about incomplete contract requirements and processes.

Grade Submission FAQs

  • If you have disabled pop-ups on your browser, the submission process will not work.  To temporarily allow pop-ups, hold down the Ctrl button on your keyboard while you click savesubmit, or post.

  • You can give someone the role of Grading or Teaching Assistant.

  • There are two possibilities:

    1. Grade rolls are not available (they open on the last day of class for that semester and close at the grade submission deadline).
    2. Your grade roll is set to accept grades from the Learning Suite Gradebook instead of AIM.  To change this, click on the Instructor Schedule page link above your list of students in the grade roll.
  • Your students will receive NS (Not Submitted) grades.  You will need to do online grade changes in AIM as soon as possible after grade processing is complete.

  • Enter a failing grade (E) for the student. It is up to the student to see if there was an error made in registration.

Helpful Links

Grade Changes

Contact Us