Anyone with access to the class roll can create permission-to-add codes. Each time you click the “Create Registration Permission-to-add-codes” link, you create 8 add codes, 2 audit codes, and 2 waitlist codes. Because of this, make sure that you don’t give out more codes than your classroom can handle.
- Click on the button above and go to the class roll for the class you want to allow a student to register for.
- Click on the “Create Registration Permission-to-add Codes” link.
- A PDF document will open with the permission codes.
- You can give the codes to your students by phone, email, or in person.
- Print or save the document because once you close the window, you will not be able to access it again.
- Open the BYU App on your phone. (iOS or Android)
- Open the “Reg Permission-to-Add” feature.
- You will see a list of the classes you are currently teaching.
- Select the class that you want to give permission for.
- Enter the NetID of the student.
- Use the drop-down to select either permission to “add”; “waitlist”; or “audit”.
- Select “Grant” and confirm the action.
- The student will then need to accept the action on MyMap.