Transfer Student with fewer than 24 graded credits – You will be required to submit transcripts of any college/university work you have completed in addition to your high school work. An ACT or SAT score will be required.
Transfer Student with 24 or more graded credits – You will be required to submit transcripts of any college/university work you have completed.
The Online Application
Apply now at apply.byu.edu
Admission Application Tips
- Submit the application by the appropriate application deadlines.
- Students should apply for the semester or term for which they wish to attend. Requests to change beginning semesters may not be accommodated.
- The admission criteria are the same for all entry dates. One semester or term is not easier to get into over another.
- Applicants intending to serve a mission can view full information about deferring here.
- Applicants will need to submit a transcript for any concurrent college credit received.
- Students who have completed a bachelor’s degree are not eligible for a second bachelor’s degree from BYU, but are welcome to apply to BYU graduate programs.
- Transfer applicants with 90 or more graded semester credit hours are unlikely to be admitted.
- For transfer guides, transfer evaluations, and transfer contact information, please visit Transfer Evaluation.
- International college or university work must be submitted through IERF or WES. See Evaluating International Work for more information. BYU will only accept official US-accredited transcripts without an evaluation.