Transfer Applicants are students who attended one or more college or university after completion of secondary education/high school.
Transfer Student with fewer than 24 graded credits – You will be required to submit transcripts of any college/university work you have completed in addition to your high school work. To see if an ACT or SAT score is required, check here.
Transfer Student with 24 or more graded credits – You will be required to submit transcripts of any college/university work you have completed.
The Online Application
Apply now at apply.byu.edu
Admission Application Tips
- Submit the application by the appropriate application deadlines.
- Students should apply for the semester or term for which they wish to attend. Requests to change beginning semesters may not be accommodated.
- The admission criteria are the same for all entry dates. One semester or term is not easier to get into over another.
- Applicants intending to serve a mission can view full information about deferring here.
- Applicants will need to submit a transcript for any concurrent college credit received.
- Students who have completed a bachelor’s degree are not eligible for a second bachelor’s degree from BYU, but are welcome to apply to BYU graduate programs.
- Transfer applicants with 90 or more graded semester credit hours are unlikely to be admitted.
- For transfer guides, transfer evaluations, and transfer contact information, please visit Transfer Evaluation.
- International college or university work must be submitted through IERF or WES. See Evaluating International Work for more information. BYU will only accept official US-accredited transcripts without an evaluation.