Skip to main content

Transfer Credit Policy

Learn about BYU's policy with school accreditation and the transfer policy.

Transfer Credit Policy

Failure to disclose and submit all documents required for admission, including transcripts from each institution in which the applicant has or is currently enrolled, or any falsification of information required for admission consideration, may result in immediate suspension and loss of all credit earned at BYU.

We will accept college-level credit from colleges/universities based on regional accreditation from one of these organizations:

  • Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
  • New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC-CIHE)
  • Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
  • Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
  • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS-COC)
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC-ACSCU)

Note: Only courses with grades of C- or higher can transfer to fill general education requirements. A completed general associates degree from an accredited college/university will generally fulfill most of BYU’s General Education requirements.
Transfer Evaluation Services reviews credit on a case-by-case basis from institutions that are candidates for accreditation but have not yet been given accreditation status.