Verifying Your High School Transcript
Submitting Your Official High School Transcript
During the application process, you may have self-reported your high school work. Before you can register for classes, BYU must receive your official high school transcript and validate that you self-reported your high school work accurately. There will be a registration hold on your account until this process is complete. If your transcript does not match the grades you self-reported in the application, your offer of admission may be rescinded.
If during the application process your transcripts were sent through one of the following methods, you are not required to send in additional documents:
- Electronically using a Utah SSID (State Student Identification)
- International high school or secondary education documents sent through IERF or WES
If you sent your high school transcript in before admission decisions were announced, it may not be valid. If you are asked to send in a new official transcript, you will need to do so before the registration hold on your account can be lifted. You may submit your official transcript:
- Electronically (via Parchment Exchange, National Transcript Center, or National Student Clearinghouse)
- Hand-deliver in an officially sealed envelope to BYU Enrollment Services, D-155 ASB
- Mail by your high school in an officially sealed envelope to: CES Admission Processing, B-226 ASB, Provo, UT 84602
- Email official document sent by your high school to firstname.lastname@example.org
If your high school or secondary education was all international and you submitted your high school transcript through IERF or WES for evaluation, then you do not need to submit another transcript. The registration holds on your record will be removed as you submit the mandatory enrollment requirements (i.e. Obtain a Form I-20).
If you self-reported any U.S. accredited work while applying, then you need to submit an official transcript and validate that you self-reported grades correctly.
New Freshman Checklist
International Student Checklist
Transfer Student Checklist